Don’t let that leftover pumpkin go to waste! Use leftover pumpkin or canned pumpkin to make some delicious grain-free muffins.
Cup Cakes Ingredients:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs (make sure eggs are room temperature so that they do not solidify the coconut oil)
- 4 flax-seed eggs (see below for how to make flax seed eggs-SUPER EASY!)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (place in fridge for 24 hours)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 3 tsp coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cupcake cups or a well greased muffin sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove canned coconut milk from fridge and turn upside down to open. This makes it easy to drain the coconut water from the solidified cream. Simply pour the coconut water into another glass or container and set aside to save for a smoothie.
- Scoop out the rest of the solidified coconut cream into a bowl and blend.
- Add the honey, cinnamon, vanilla and coconut flour and blend again.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for 2o-25 minutes since this icing softens quickly.
- Make sure the muffins have cooled completely before spreading icing or piping.
* Once cupcakes have been ‘iced’, store in the refrigerator.