- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- Heat the coconut milk, honey/maple syrup and salt in a pot over medium-high heat.
- When mixture has boiled, lower the temperature and allow sauce to simmer.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes, stir frequently and scraping the bottom. Burned bits are okay-they add the flavour! Once the sauce is thick and syrupy remove from heat. The caramel will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Add the salt, coconut oil and vanilla, stirring to mix the fat, then leave at room temperature to cool.
- This can be stored in your fridge for up to 2 weeks.