Brain disorders have become epidemic in recent decades and researchers are learning that food and environment plays a major role in contributing or aggravating brain disorders. Many individuals benefit from a combination of brain training and nutritional therapy. That is why this program was developed to assist individuals with dyslexia.
The Thriving Brain Combination includes:
- Nutritional Therapy
- The Cellfield Reading Intervention 12 week program
- Lifestyle coaching and additional brain integration therapy exercises that can be done at home.
Environmental factors such as:
- Nutritional deficiencies (omega 3, 6, 9’s, zinc, B6, magnesium) for various reasons such as poor diet, child being a fast metabolizer, malabsorption due to poor digestion, leaky gut etc.
- Undetected food allergies that conventional allergy tests do not detect since they only detect IgE reactions, not IgA, IgG, IgM.
- Additives and preservatives in food (food colouring, sweeteners, chemicals)
- Blood sugar irregularities
- Insufficient sleep (both quantity and quality)
- Need for stress management tools that are effective and appropriate for children
- Lack of exercise – at least 60 minutes of sustained daily exercise is imperative for many of these children
- Imbalance in gut flora due to antibiotics, excess sugar and carbohydrate consumption, chlorinated water and other environmental factors
- Overstimulation from electronics (TV, computer and video games, tablets-iPads ect.)Underdevelopment of certain areas in the brain – the brain is plastic and can be changed with specific brain exercise.
A holistic approach includes:
- Dietary assessment and recommendations unique to your child’s health needs (eliminating processed food, sugar, etc.)
- Meal plan and substitutes for child’s favourite, but possible ‘toxic’ food
- Identifying food allergies and sensitivities that could be impacting your child’s brain health
- Possible supplement recommendations (ie. fish oil capsules)
- Lifestyle assessment and recommendations
- Brain exercises and visualization exercises that have clinically been proven to change the brain and to help your child’s amygdala be less reactive to stimuli and situations
- Healing the gut microbiome and lining and populating the gut with beneficial bacteria and starving the bad ‘guys’
- Daily exercise plan (finding a form of physical activity that your child enjoys)
Cellfield Reading Intervention for Dyslexia Program
Cellfield is a scientific reading intervention program that is specifically designed to create changes in the dyslexic brain. The program was founded on the findings that the brain can change and heal–called neuroplasticity. Thus Cellfield is a unique reading program because its goal is to overcome dyslexia and reading struggles rather than simply manage them. The program creates new neural (or brain) connections that are essential for the ability to read and comprehend.
It uses computer software such as eye tracking exercises and phonetic re-training which bonds auditory functions to the visual in the brain. This makes decoding and comprehension automatic instead of laborious. Cellfield develops and strengthens the left hemisphere brain activity, which good readers use when reading. The strongest Cellfield treatment outcome is phonological processing – the ability to decode unfamiliar words.
Studies have found that the average student improves 2 grade levels in just two weeks–and more after twelve weeks! Before and after brain imaging has shown that before the program, struggling readers were reading from Broca’s area of the brain. After Cellfield neural re-training, brain imaging showed that they were reading from the same part of the brain as typical readers–the parieto and occipito area of the brain.
For more information or a free assessment, please contact Lorraine at 613-330-9254.