6-8 peeled and grated carrots
2 ½ cups chopped parsley
2 cups quinoa
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
½ red onion chopped
½ cup raisins
- Rinse quinoa several times under cold water.
- Add 4 cups of water to a pot. Bring to a boil and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Next add quinoa to boiling water, turn stove down to medium-low heat and allow quinoa to cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cook longer if there is still too much water.
- Peel, grate and chop other ingredients.
- Wait for quinoa to be fully cooked. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and quinoa in a large salad bowl.
This is a great salad to detoxify the system.